Explode Cabinet Acts Differently?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Explode Cabinet Acts Differently?

Post by Gary Campbell »

Has anyone else noticed this? There seems to be a disproportionately greater distance taken by the lateral movement compared to vertical. Seems to have happened in Build 3. I am not sure, but it seems to make my normal hole & dado visual audit more difficult, if not impossible without hiding parts.

Does the ability to explode drawers have anything to with this? (guess) Do we need to explode drawers in the CE? It works well in the DBE, well, better than attempting PE cuts in drawers anyway.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Explode Cabinet Acts Differently?

Post by Rick Deskins »

better than attempting PE cuts in drawers anyway.
So, what is your problem with PE cuts on drawer box parts?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Gary Campbell
Guru Member

Post by Gary Campbell »

Rick...
Thanks for the reply.
This post: http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=10869

And This one: http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =9&t=10511

If there are some parameters or "rules" about where PE cuts can and cannot be in relation to dado and edge geometry I cannot find them in the guide. I have had other users successfully generate the cuts I am not able to on my computer. My computer?
Gary Campbell

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gary,

The Explode feature seems to work the same for me. Maybe Rick will have an explanation.

Kerry
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

The way cabinets explode has been changed per a request by Ken himself. Specifically, he wanted to explode drawer boxes in the CE. I believe this was put in between build 1 and build 2.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Gary Campbell
Guru Member

Post by Gary Campbell »

Rick...
Thanks for the explanation. My guess was right on the whens. I was a little off on the why. I may be off on my reasoning, and I surely have nothing but the utmost of respect for Ken and his opinions, but there are so few instances when we "cutters" would even want to display a draw box, that I cant even think of any reason to explode them in the CE, as we can currently do this in the DBE.

I posted, in another thread, my wish for a "wireframe" draw box that would allow hardware hole patterns and associations. The visiblity could be toggled and resource usage should be very low. IF you could add metal system boring on the rear of the draw front, it would be perfect! This would allow all those the outsource, build in house or use metal box systems all that they could ask for. And the draw features of eCabs would more closely follow current trends in industry orders. In our market area, only the lowest priced cabinets have CNC cut draw boxes. We only cut slab door & draw fronts on 10% or less of our jobs. (This is for ourselves and the 5 shops we cut for)

Thanks again for the reply, and I surely know where on the ladder my opinion weighs in against that of Mr. Susnjara.
Gary Campbell