Problems with 5.56

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Problems with 5.56

Post by DanFecteau »

Since I have installed 5.56 I'm having problems with dado. We always worked at 0.03 tolerance and now it's way too much, we got down to 0.015 but it does'nt seem to make any difference ???
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Problems with 5.56

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Dan,

You can check the width of your dados by nesting the cabinet in eCabinets and selecting given part to get detailed information on cutouts, this will enable you to see if the dados are correct in ecab, then if you still have issues, email a copy of your CNC file that you run to cut on actual machine as well as your .HSF design file to program@thermwood.com and we can backpot the CNC code to verify Control Nesting is posting CNC code to correct dimension as designed in eCab.

Thanks!
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

I have sent all the info needed by email yesterday morning but still no feed back, is it something with my file or something with 5.56 ? Is it close to being fixed or should I go back to a previous version ?

Thank you.
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

The cnc code you sent in is showing that the tennons are .315 thick and the mortise is .3299 wide. This gives you a clearance of .01499 inches. The code looks correct. Please check the diameter of the tool you are using to make sure you have it measured correctly. Also. check for any lash in your macine.
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

Can it be caused by this : When I surface the spoilboard, if I take off 0.02, I have to adjust to something like 0.04 so the outline goes throught ?? It get worse and worse but I do not touch any settings ??
Ryan Hochgesang

This will certainly affect your tennon thickness and dado depth also. If you flycut you will typically have to adjust in your settings to accomodate the change in thickness. If you are flycutting the wasteboard or handling sheet, then you can simply update the value listed for WASTEBOARD thickness. If you flycut the main spoilboard (approx. 3/4" thickness), then you will need to adjust your SET SWITCH SPOIL value and remeasure all tools to update DAYLIGHT for each tool.
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

Sorry I meant the wasteboard, we mostly never flycut the spoilboard (once in a year maybe)....but we always had that problem. Once we adjust the spoilboard, the first time we flycut the wasteboard it's ok, couple times later if I flycut 0.015, I have to adjust like if I had took off 0.025...a couple times later it's more and more....
Ryan Hochgesang

If it is the WASTEBOARD your flycutting, then you will need to go into Control Nesting Settings to change the actual value stated. If it is a newer TWD V7+ control, then you would need to adjust the WASTEBOARD variable in the MACHINE VARIABLES section. This is accessed through main TWD screen by selecting EDIT > MACHINE VARIABLES.
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

I think I solved the problem, I re-adjust the set switchspoil , it was not good anymore, but it's always that same problem, is it causes by the switch where I measure my tool ?? It's either this or the 3/4" thick spoilboard that gets thinner as time goes by......(don't think so)
Ryan Hochgesang

Thanks for the update Dan.