owners with issues

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

owners with issues

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi All,

Could any Thermwood owners out there recommend the stability of E-cabs 6.3. I have a small shop and have my files cut by a another shop owning a Thermwood. There was some issues associated with running 6.2 and we dumped it for the earlier v5.2 as it was costing money in delays and spoiled sheet goods. I have since switched up to 6.3 as it appears that alot of the problems that involved with 6.2 have been addressed. I figured that the clock is going to run out on 5.2 and 6.3 is the way forward, might as well get into the game and get my head wrapped around the new features and benefits, providing that there are no more issues with running the TWD files created from 6.3. On the design side of my files, there seems to be a few issues taking a cab from room layout editor to cab editor, making changes (especially with door pulls and knobs) and bringing the cab back into the room layout editor. Other than that, I haven't had any real issues yet but I don't know about the creating of the TWD's and running them on the machine end.
Unfortunately, the shop cutting my files have been reluctant to try it yet. There concerns are that they need to be proven that 6.3 is running stable and as well as 5.2 or there will wait it out.
Can anyone offer any feedback as to the stability of running off on there machines using 6.3 yet? Good or bad?
Kenneth Rychlik

Re: owners with issues

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I am cutting files daily with the 6.3 version. Not on a thermwood, but shopbot though.

For my needs, I find that having two sets of files is best.

I have a design set for customer renderings and a stripped down version for cutting.

I find that taking out all of the things that are not actually cut on the machine helps a lot.

Impovements are still comming, but I am finding it stable enough to cut parts on a daily basis.

Kenneth
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks Kenneth,

Although the shop I do business with doesn't run a ShopBot it's good to now that the program is running well for you on yours. I'm not sure if there would be a big difference with the Thermwood controller or not. Hopefully everyone owning a machine is having good success with the program as you are. Again, thanks for responding.

Tim
barry gill
Company Name: Abes Benchtops

Post by barry gill »

Tim
I have a Thermwood and we are cutting using v6.3

The only real issue that we have experienced in the twd file transfer from the eCabinets to the Controller is with drawer boxes which have dados. The dado and tenon size sent to the machine does not match. We have to cut the tenons down on a panel saw to fit into the dados.

This is the only issue that we have really been having. If you don't have any dados in your drawer boxes, then you should not have any pressing issues
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Post by Terry Davis »

Hello Tim,
Thermwood CS45-510 cutting daily running Ver 6.3 no issues here, just a few glitches at the control not related to ECabinets.