Thank You for the B#'s on the batch list!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Thank You for the B#'s on the batch list!

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Thanks TWD! Much appreciated here!
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Thank You for the B#'s on the batch list!

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I second that. It makes me all warm and fuzzy knowing that we can get what we want sometimes. When I requested it I actually envisioned it being down the left side column but its great never the less.

Forrest
leigh mills

Post by leigh mills »

Is there a way to change the B#'s? This is because when importing them from Excel they come through the order specified, but if you wanted to add another item, it creates it as the last B#. So there is no way of moving it to a specific line within the Batch list.

Could someone please explain the benefits of having Cab#: B1, Cab#: B2 etc

Is it just for viewing purpose? Because it isnt present when "Exporting Cutlist To Excel".

In Version 6.2 and 6.3 we made our units with a number start, for example 0.1 - "Unit Name", 0.2 - "Unit Name" etc. This worked excellent, because if we wanted to add another item we could specify were to input the item in our list (however it is still possible to use a number at the start to order them but it is not shown in eCabinet). Also when we use "Exporting Cutlist To Excel" we could also order the products in an Excel sheet by using 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc number at the being of the unit to order them in excel. As the Cab# is not present in Excel it has no function.

Cab#'s work identical but we cant change these numbers?

If anyone knows how to change the B#'s it would be helpfull.

Thanks.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Leigh,
The B#'s are the only link to control nesting printouts. This is their only usefulness. (is usefulness a word?)
It's a must-have when trying to backtrack a part to a batch in E-cab's, especially if you're missing the label for the part and only working off of the printouts.
jnr

ps - a little birdie told me recently that he had just flown over Dale Indiana and through the howling wind and rain, he overheard some talk of adding the ability to change the B# or the batch order to something user-defined (i.e. make the order customizable) but that is one of those things that seems easy yet is actually quite involved. The birdie told me that it was in the works, but he did not hear a timeframe....so in the meantime, I gave the birdie a sixpack and asked him to fly that over to Dale Indiana as a thank-you for the B#'s....
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570