Nesting issue

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Nesting issue

Post by Dale Wills »

I have just nested a job on the thermwood and was prompted with a message saying \"Diameter of tool didn't work for a rout operation. The diameter tried was 12.6mm\". Now looking at the nested job I notice that some on my blind dados look fine and then some look different (like a thick red line not as wide as the actual rout.) May this have something to do with the message? And also I have red line running right across the screen in no particular position. Any ideas?

Dale
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

if you see anything like this that does not look correct do not run the job you will probibly end up with bad parts, i would contact thermwood and find out if the problem is ecabinets or rolling nest, save your material.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey dale how's it going?

What you can do is write the cnc code and scroll down the lines of code and if you see an error line come up it will tell you what problem it is having and some times that error in nesting doesn't cause a problem it could be a bug, as i have had that message come up when nesting and then wrote the cnc code and couldn't find a error code in the lines and ran the job and had no problems with dado's.

Thanks

Thom Davies
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Dale,

Because you have part editor mod on one or more parts along with dados. What is your pocket tool diameter set to in the settings area of RN?

thanks,