Error Opening StringTable.mdb

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

Error Opening StringTable.mdb

Post by Ron Sloan »

After installing v6, build 4, I get an error on startup that StringTable.mdb cannot be opened. I noticed that it moved this file from the application folder in the earlier versions into the All User app data folder. I checked, and everything appears to be there. I even tried uninstalling, installing an earlier version (5.2) then upgrading: same issue. I've check the permissions on the mdb file and they look OK. I've also tried logged in as administrator. I've e-mailed Thermwood, but no response, yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Error Opening StringTable.mdb

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Ron,

Do a search of "String Table" and there are several threads about this.

Be sure to save the upgrade to your desktop and run it from there.
Ron Sloan
Company Name: Wine Country Custom Carving

Post by Ron Sloan »

Thanks Kerry,

A search was the first thing I tried, and I got a few more hits searching for "string table" instead of stringtable.mdb. I've pretty much tried all the suggestions, except to run the eCabUpdate.exe from the program directory, since this file apparently runs the 5.2 build 5 version, and I have v6 build 4 installed. I have even tried uninstalling everything, and installing v5, then upgrading and also uninstall followed by fresh install of v6. One question - Is it important to save the file to the desktop, instead of any other directory, before running? I always save my downloads before running. I also tried the Microsoft Installer Cleanup tool - It had both versions listed, so I used it to clean the v5 build...

Thanks,
Ron
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Just save the file to your computer, not necessarily the desktop.

Give Thermwood a call. They will get you running.

Kerry