DXF True Nesting Software

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

DXF True Nesting Software

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Does anyone know if there is a freeware true nesting software that can help me get some estimates for material?
David Arde
Company Name: Can-Am CNC Creations

Re: DXF True Nesting Software

Post by David Arde »

Try Mynesting. They have 1 free nest and after that they charge per nest or a monthly amount. I think if you do not ask for the dxf file you don't pay but it will still tell you how many sheets and show the nested sheets. I think it was about $7 to buy the dxf file so it is still cheep if you need it. It is a little decieving as it seems to just keep going and it will just keep trying untill you stop it.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I tried it and it's awful. It takes forever to nest and it doesn't really help me. The program will constantly stop responding and load times for parts was way to big. Not really useful
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Georgi,

Why aren't you nesting the parts in eCabinets? I think any of the freeware optimizers will be very limited. They only allow you to nest a few parts until you purchase.

Kerry
David Arde
Company Name: Can-Am CNC Creations

Post by David Arde »

It will run forever if you let it but just stop it when it quits getting any better % of sheet use. The other option would be to look at cabinetpartspro web site for his stand alone nesting software. It is under $50
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I want to use it as a true nest add-on to Mastercam X2. I wish we've purchased the true nesting to it as well. Now I have to nest and move all parts myself which takes lots of time. Anyways hopefully next year we'll get the newest version on Mastecam and problem will be solved. I think that with X4 true nesting became part of the standard version.

Thanks for the help guys.