Replacement Printer for Thermwood CS40

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Replacement Printer for Thermwood CS40

Post by Steve Detina »

Hey guys, I am looking for a printer to replace the one that came with the machine originally to print the nest diagrams. I would like to find one that fits inside the original cabinet if possible. Anyone have any suggestions.

thanks in advance.

Steve
Dave Poulin
Company Name: Silver Creek Cabinetry

Re: Replacement Printer for Thermwood CS40

Post by Dave Poulin »

Steve , the current printer that came with our CS43 was a Pixma (cannon) 2700. Small regular consumer type printer> Not Happy with it, It's a plain ink jet printer, with numerous paper jam errors.got machine in april and this is the second printer from thermwood. Constantly have to clean the rollers and blow it out.

Printers to me are now a consumble product! You can now actually buy a brand new printer cheaper than the price it cost to buy new ink cartridge for it. I have bought 4 new printers in the last 2 years for my own personal use instead of buying ink for the one i have. the last two printers have been all in ones with scanning and faxing right from the machine, both bought for under 50$.

Basic line, take it from me, I used to service printers for a living, worked for hewllet packard for several year in the 90's and others. no printer you buy will last very long in the enviroment we subject them to. So stick with a cheapy that ink is cheap on, expect a year out of it maybe more if you keep the roller clean with a bit of alcool, and kepp it simple.

To me laser is a good option. ther are cheap laser out there, but then again look at the cost of the toner, sometimes the price of toner is more than the printer(coming back to my theory that printers are disposible).

Food for thought!

Dave
David Poulin
Shop Manager
http://www.cabinetworksplus.com
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I have been using the same HP laser printer built into a cabinet at the controller for 5 years without any problem. What is the size of the aperture for the printer you have?
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

We print our nest sheets from our photocopyer, double sided so we save on paper and it prints it in just black and white and its alot quicker too!
Steve Detina
Company Name: Silhouette Custom Cabinets

Post by Steve Detina »

Not sure what you mean by aperture but I would like a printer that fits into the existing cabinet. If not I can make a new cabinet and would like suggestions on printers that can hand the environment of a dusty cabinet shop.

Thanks in advance.

Steve :beer:
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Steve I mean what is the opening size provided in the cabinet for the printer? As I said I sourced my own printer and built my own cab and had no trouble with my small HP laser printer for over 5 years now.