Global Warming?

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Global Warming?

Post by DanEpps »

So this is global warming? Here in NW Georgia we had 4" of snow in Christmas (the first time I can remember having a white Christmas) then last Sunday (1/9/11) we got about a foot of the white stuff!!!

As is that wasn't enough, look at this morning's temperature (at nearly 9am!!!):
Cold or What.JPG
Cold or What.JPG (17.88 KiB) Viewed 17966 times
Normally, a really cold day for us is when it dips into the 20s but we usually are in the upper 30s or low 40s at our coldest.
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Re: Global Warming?

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Dan,
They don't talk about global warming anymore. Now they call it climate change so they don't look too stupid.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Yeah, but I wish they hadn't...I rather enjoyed listening to the "experts" explain how global warming was making the earth colder. :joker:

The recent weather reminds me of when I was little and had to walk 10 miles to school, barefoot in the snow and uphill both ways. :joker:
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Yeah Dan, we had about 20" here in NY 'round Christmas time, then just got another wallop of about 15" more!!
Warming my a** :)
It sounds like you and me went to different schools together Dan, I had to go uphill both ways too :joker:
:beer:
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

All I can say is to paraphrase my college Geology professor when she said that the Earth has been warmer and the Earth has been colder; all without any help from man. She seemed to prefer to take the long view and note that climatologists shouldn't be running around claiming man-made climate change when all they have is a mere couple hundred years of data on which to project large-scale forces of which they do not fully understand.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Dean Fehribach wrote:All I can say is to paraphrase my college Geology professor when she said that the Earth has been warmer and the Earth has been colder; all without any help from man. She seemed to prefer to take the long view and note that climatologists shouldn't be running around claiming man-made climate change when all they have is a mere couple hundred years of data on which to project large-scale forces of which they do not fully understand.
Roger that!!!
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Dean, what college did you go to as this doesn't sound like the stereotypical professor who drank the Kool-Aid and is sold out to the America Haters. Your professor actually sounded reasonable!?!?!?!
Global warming is not about the climate, it is about wealth transfer from the greatest nation on earth to everybody else. (my opinion)
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Rob Davis wrote:Dean, what college did you go to as this doesn't sound like the stereotypical professor who drank the Kool-Aid and is sold out to the America Haters. Your professor actually sounded reasonable!?!?!?!
Global warming is not about the climate, it is about wealth transfer from the greatest nation on earth to everybody else. (my opinion)
He just made that up...he actually slept through that class. :joker:
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Roger that! :lol:
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Dan, no snow down here just floods. You will have to stop shovling that snow down to us.

Better move to Mexico if Georgia is getting cold winters.

Hope your back has improved.
Regards
Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Neville Bastian wrote:Dan, no snow down here just floods. You will have to stop shovling that snow down to us.

Better move to Mexico if Georgia is getting cold winters.

Hope your back has improved.
Regards
Neville
We didn't shovel it down, it just slid downhill. :joker: Good thing you are in W.A. and not on the other side. Of course it will be good for business (or you could've just built a boat for Noah). Those folks are having a real tough time.

Thanks, the back is doing great but I'm just getting over a bout of cluster headaches that started back in early October. One day I had NINE headaches and another day I had one that lasted nine hours! Insurance limits how much meds I can get to six doses per month and I need 60 per month. I guess I can understand though as it is $200 per dose!
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Between three and four inches of snow at my house this morning. We've gotten a lot more snow this winter than normal and we're barely over a month into winter.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

We had 4" of snow Wed. and 15" over night :beer: in Pa.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Yeah, here in NY we got another 18" yesterday too.....there's nowhere left to put it!!
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Josh
Don't put your boots a way yet It just started to snow here