Door Color Matching Material definitions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kevin Dunn
Company Name: Castle Works

Door Color Matching Material definitions

Post by Kevin Dunn »

Hi All,

I have a newbie question...I have developed a library of cabinets and generally all I wish to change is the finish for a particular customer.

I update my board stock and sheet stock image to the desired finish, but when I import the cabinet the doors do not change to the updated finish.

The face frames do change (after deselecting "common with door" on page two)

Am I missing a similar check box to have the doors change to the board stock I have chosen in "Define Materials"

Thanks

Kevin
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Door Color Matching Material definitions

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Kevin -- As far as I know you have to select all cabinets and change all doors and drawer fronts to the style and color that you want. When you do these changes you can save the job with a different name -- IE: Wilson job - color. The original saved job will still be there. HTH FWIW.
Kevin Dunn

Post by Kevin Dunn »

HI Wally,

Thanks for the reply. So if I want to render the same kitchen in two different finishes for a client, do I need to go in and change the color on every cabinet, save them and then re-insert them in a room?

I am really new to the program so if I am overlooking something obvious just thump me on the head :)

Thanks

Kevin
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

No you can change all your cabs at once. You Right click for the menu and -- select all cabinets -- the -- change materials -- then you can -- change doors -- then change drawer fronts. Don't forget to -- Save As -- different name or you will change the original plan.

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Kevin Dunn wrote:HI Wally,

Thanks for the reply. So if I want to render the same kitchen in two different finishes for a client, do I need to go in and change the color on every cabinet, save them and then re-insert them in a room?

I am really new to the program so if I am overlooking something obvious just thump me on the head :)

Thanks

Kevin
Kevin -- You really should try the online training. It is quite reasonable and you can learn a lot in just one month.
Kevin Dunn

Post by Kevin Dunn »

Wally,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I will definitely look into the training.

Kevin