Winter in Joplin, MO.

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Winter in Joplin, MO.

Post by John J. Desmond »

Just thought I would share a couple photos of snow. This is the deepest I have seen it in Joplin. The drift next to the house is as tall as the railing which is 3' and 1' above the ground. The pile in the front is 4' deep. Notice the snow next to the vehicles. I shoveled yesterday and now you can't tell where. I get to do it again. A tractor plowed the road this morning so after I shovel we can get out. State of Emergency in Missouri and in Joplin. First time in Joplin history. Nothing to do but sled. WWWhhhheeee :D
I didn't notice the date stamp on my daughters camera is way off. The pictures were taken this morning, Feb. 2, 2011.
100_2624-1.JPG
100_2625.JPG
100_2626.JPG
John
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Re: Winter in Joplin, MO.

Post by Rob Davis »

We got the ice here. This is the view outside my showroom front door after 20# of de-icer and about 30 minutes of pounding. The ice is about 1-1/4" thick everywhere! Power outages, can't plow the stuff, can't melt the stuff at 19 degrees F, etc. With more snow coming Friday and temp going to 7 degree F high tomorrow, it is going to be around for a while. Not too good for business! Nobody is leaving their houses.
In process 043.jpg
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Post by John J. Desmond »

Good grief. I'll take the snow. When I lived in Arkansas we got a lot of ice. That stuff is scary. It is heavy on the trees and power lines. We had a black out one night with an ice storm. I had 10 pine trees in my front yard. We sat in the dark in the living room and listened to what seemed like a war outside with the sound of the tree limbs breaking and trees falling over. I feel for you guys up there.

John
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi Guys,
Spent 3 hours on my tractor this morning at a poor attempt to clean out my 700 foot drive at home , and minutes ago wrote a check for $300 to a back hoe to clean my shop lot for 4 hours...........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com