Maintenance Schedule?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Maintenance Schedule?

Post by Terry Davis »

I noticed today that its been a while since the CS45 has let me know it needs maintenance, I went into the schedule and everything is gone, event history is empty, cycle time 0, time remaining 0 and under event discription it just says F4 to dropdown but it does nothing. I usually have to go through and reset each item after doing the maintenance but they are not there!
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Maintenance Schedule?

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

It seems that your maintenance schedule files have become corrupt. With the Thermwood software closed, you will need to go into: C:\SYSTEM directory on your control and delete the few files listed there with name "mclock", then restart the THM software and the files should be restored.
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Post by Terry Davis »

Thanks Ryan, that fixed it.
Ryan Hochgesang

Great! Thanks for the update.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Is Ryan a seriously smart guy or what......
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

There is nothing great about losing your maintenance record. It's one thing to lose your short term maintenance schedule, that's easy to fix. Its the long term 2000 hour schedule that is a problem. I have no idea when I need to do a serious take a part and clean the bearings. This has happened to me about 3 times as a result of importing a DXF files into CN and having the control lock up and I have to do a forced shut down.( manually turning off the control.) What is needed is an hour meter that is not tied into the control has anyone done anything like that?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Will,

The fix in this case was for a corrupt maintenance file, no way of knowing what has caused this corruption. If you can provide a step by step process of how to corrupt the maintenance file, then please do so so we can look into finding an actual fix for cause of bug.

If you want a long term timer, you can have one hardwired into the controller by using one of the available inputs/outputs on your machine. You can refer to your machine electrical schematic for this information or contact our service dept. for additional details.

email: service@thermwood.com
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

As I mentioned earlier the maintenance file was corrupted by me doing a manual shut down as a result of trying to open a corrupted DXF file in the CN.
I did not know it was corrupted until it locked up my Control two or three times in a row. and Then I did not know the maintenance file was gone until time had passed and I checked the schedule. At which point I called tech support for the fix, which was to delete the one of my bin files. I don't exactly remember.
At the time when I talked to Daniel the only thing I had done wrong recently was the manual shut down a couple of times in arow times in a row. So I blamed it on that and Daniel Agreed that it was possible.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Thanks for the info. Other possible contributors to file corruption in my experience seem to also come from erratic power/voltages to the control cabinet and or lack of grounding. The external timer would be your only other option as you've mentioned to keep continous time track.