Frameless Oven Cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

James Melvin

Frameless Oven Cabinets

Post by James Melvin »

Would love to hear from someone who has solved the problem of building frameless oven cabinets: single oven, double oven, microwave over oven. I have managed by using stretchers for "midrails" in a frameless cabinet to allow for separation between an appliance and door/dwr above or below but it is really a pain with strechers. They don't move with the cabinet during modifictions. Anyone solved this one? :(
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Frameless Oven Cabinets

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

James -- I don't think there is a way to do a frame less Oven Cab because of the clearances required. Most need at least 3/4" inside clearance in the box. I solve this problem by using a face frame on the oven section only and it matches the doors above and drawer below. This is installed at the door install time in the project after the ovens have been measured on site. I don't try to hide it and chamfer the edges. I think it looks real good. FWIW
James Melvin

Post by James Melvin »

Thanks Wally. I think that in my obsessive attempt to create a totally frame-less oven cabinet for my frame-less library I have just made life more difficult (all those nasty stretchers that constantly need attention). I have actually achieved the frameless oven cabinet before (so the front plane of the oven is closer to the same plane as d/d above and below) but the tolerances where the oven overlaps the L and R ends is just way too small. I think the way you are doing it is much more sane. I am tweaking my frameless library this week and I had been dreading working on the oven cabinets. Thanks. I feel much better now. :)
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi James
I haven't. But I'm still digging.
I use rails and stretchers like you. (I think, (every one does things differently)
I have attached some units the way I have done some of them and would be interested if you do them the same way.
Its always surprising to me that a bog standard oven unit can have so many variations. It always seems that when you put constraints in you have to change them.
Wally we may have different local regulations but all the ovens we've used in the last 10 years get put into a 600mm (about 23' 5/8") external unit, All seem to be European imports

This is one feature that’s on my wish list. Position your cabinet or assembly around the target. Open a dialog box that asks you, do you want to add on or take away, above or below, to the left or right of XX YY or ZZ. Press the button and WALLA! Too easy.
oven assemblies.esa
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
Ps I don't have a router so I have no idea how they would machine.
Attachments
oven assemblies.jpg
oven assemblies.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 7157 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I have never been able to comfortably design a totally frameless oven cabinet. They have always had to be hybrids (part frame and part frameless).

They all turned out great and never had any complaints or issues with the appliances not fitting.
Attachments
bk1.png
bk1.png (248.12 KiB) Viewed 6921 times
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650