Unstable ecabs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jason Rains

Unstable ecabs

Post by Jason Rains »

My ecabs software is becoming more & more unstable. I am unable to open previously saved jobs on a regular basis. Now today it is occasionally not allowing me to save cabs in cab editor. I have to save it under another name then resave as original. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Jason
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: Unstable ecabs

Post by jason galbraith »

It will get worse. Are you using XP? I had the same problem. Nobody knew how to fix it. Try turning off your antivirus.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jason Rains,

post one of the jobs that won't open and we can see if it is a corrupt job file or a computer specific problem.

I agree with Jason Galbraith, try turning off the anti-virus.

What operating system and what anti-virus are you running?

Kerry
Jason Rains

Post by Jason Rains »

We are using Win XP. It will do it with just about any job not anyone specific. It may open the job once then not the second time you try to open it. Same deal with the cabinets on Cab editor when trying to save. I am running Windows Security Essentials AV. Could that be the problem maker? Just seems like it's happening more frequently recently.
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

When I was using McAfee it was causing odd things to happen at odd times. Working with Scott Vaal we came to that conclusion. I have since used AVG which worked great and now I am using Vipre which is really good.
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Post with how you go, I had two identical computers running side by side with Ecabs and one had this issue and the other didn't. Since got rid of that computer and got the one in my specs below. SOmone in Canada I think on the forums had similar issues.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au