Microsoft Jet Database Engine error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Microsoft Jet Database Engine error

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I am getting an error when I start up eCabs that says

The Microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped the process because you or another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I am a single user on this computer and since the program is just starting up there is no way I am changing data. Any help getting my eCabs working again?

I have rebooted the computer several times and I did a repair and a modify with the current update and still have the same issue.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
darren m harvey
Company Name: bobcad-cam

Re: Microsoft Jet Database Engine error

Post by darren m harvey »

i just went through the same problem. i uninstalled the latest control nesting and then reinstalled it again. i hope this works for you, darren
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

darren m harvey wrote:i just went through the same problem. i uninstalled the latest control nesting and then reinstalled it again. i hope this works for you, darren

Sorry Darren, not sure what you mean. What is the 'latest control nesting', where is it and how do I delete it please. Thanks.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

With eCabinets NOT running, look for a file named ecabinets.ldb and delete it. It will be in the same directory as ecabinets.mdb.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Hey Dan,
I found the ecabinets.mdb but I don't seem to have a ecabinets.ldb file. I did a disk search for it and it didn't come up either. The only ldb file I have is StringTable.ldb
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Delete it and it should start. The .ldb files are database lock files and normally go away when you close eCabinets. They will sometimes hang around if eCabinets crashes.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Deleted that file and still have the problem. When I start up eCabs the splash screen comes up and then the warning happens. I click OK and the warning goes away and it seems to load. But the splash display does not vanish and when I open up a job it tries to load and then the program shuts down and gives me the option to debug. I hit debug but it doesn't give me a debugging listing like most other programs do.

Can I uninstall the program and reinstall the new updated version? Or do I have to have something there to be updated.

What about another program that is at fault. I read up on the Jet error and it looks like it thinks two programs are accessing the same data so it stops the second program from accessing it so the first can complete the job.

When I start it up it is from a fresh reboot and it is the only program running, so I would guess it would have to be something loaded during the boot up sequence.

Any other ideas how to tackle the problem or go about figuring out what the culprit actually is? Thanks, getting desperate.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, problem solved.

I renamed all my folders with xxx at the end of them and then reinstalled the program. Using an old code I re registered it and it worked.

But I am not content with that.

The files under the Program Files directory we OK and I just renamed the directory back to the original and I could still get the program to load.

So I went under the file D&S/User/Application Data/Thermwood and started to play around in there. I renamed the newly downloaded directory with and extra x and renamed my old directory correctly and the problem was once again amongst me. So I renamed and copied each file over from the new directory (x) to my working directory and still the problem persisted.

I looked at the directory structure and found another MDB file, this one was LocalStore.mdb. So I copied the new file onto that one and "Houston, we have ignition"

So the file LocalStore.mdb was somehow corrupted.

All is well now in eCabs land. :mrgreen:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

I have the same problem and haven't used the programme for months! Just can't open it.
Will try what you guys suggest but not being that computer literate may have to ask you for a step by step on what to do :oops:
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

The way I fixed it was to change the name of the Thermwood directory in the programs directory, I put a few xxx's after the directory name. Then I went into the documents and settings/all users/application data/thermwood directory and did the same thing, renamed it with some xxx's. Then I reinstalled the newest update and used my current registration codes to activate the new setup.

Then I transferred all the info that was missing to the new setup and erased the old directories.

I went one step further and replaced each of the database files one by one until I found the corrupted one just so I knew which one it was. I didn't have to do that. But reinstalling the program was easy and transferring the data was pretty straight forward. If it isn't in the new directory, transfer it out of the old directory.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

thanks Leo will give it a try :beer: