Sliding Doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Sams

Sliding Doors

Post by Mark Sams »

I am designing a cabinet that has sliding doors. I need to know if there is a way to add inset doors with one door being inset different than the other. I would also like to set up the doors so they adjust automatically when the cabinet is resized. I know in the Constraint Manager we can use formulas like (W/2)+20 and the formula will adjust the cut for the size of the cabinet. Is there a way to use these kind of formulas in the door setup? I'm attaching a PDF showing the dimensions I'm trying to get for the slides. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
Sliding Door.pdf
(72.73 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: Sliding Doors

Post by Nick M Singer »

Mark you can place doors with the required inset to simulate sliding doors using the door/drawer editor and they will automatically re-size. The only complication is the different placements to get one behind the other especially as you have a pair of doors in one opening. The solution to this would be to put in a partion so that you can specify the inset and reveal of each door panel thus making one appear behind the other. I presume you would probably not want this partition to appear in your drawing so set it right back so that it virtually disappears and make the material something that has no value so it does not affect your costs.