Control Nesting V8

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Control Nesting V8

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

What is the drill bank issue exactly?
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

The drill banks aren't working- 5 in X axis 5 in Y axis. They were previously before the upgrade. Now they don't work. I was hoping it was the actuator numbers are as per the details sent through to Phil Kitney, but they were already set up correctly.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Make sure that the tools are set up correctly in the tool management. Make sure they are calling the correct actuator number and actuator position in the lower section.
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:Make sure that the tools are set up correctly in the tool management. Make sure they are calling the correct actuator number and actuator position in the lower section.
I have no reson to believe they are not set up correctly, they are all the same set up as per previous install. How exactly do I "Make sure they are calling the correct actuator number and actuator position in the lower section."?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

The first step would be to find out what tool number you are using in control nesting to call your drill bank. You can do this by looking at your operation that is set up for the drill banks x and y directions and then record the tool number that is shown there. Once you know what tool numbers are being called, you can write 2 small programs that just calls those tools. Simplest form would be as follows;

T12
M02

When you run this small program it will fire down the drill tool. Verify that it is the center tool of the 5 for that given axis direction. If it is not, then the drill bank will not work correctly in Control Nesting and you will need to locate the center drill number for each axis and use that tool number in Control Nesting.