new feature request

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

new feature request

Post by Scott Marshburn »

1.Would it be possable to have a feature in the flip op first to nest or group as many flip ops as possable together per sheet.
2.Would it be possable to put the double pass option in the tool groups area for example no double pass for 1/4 material tool group and a double pass for 3/4 material tool group.
3.Would it be possable to have the cut direction controle in the tool group area.(climb cut for one group and convential for another)
Bryan Sullivan
Company Name: Rylex Closet Systems

Re: new feature request

Post by Bryan Sullivan »

Right on Scott! There is nothing more annoying than a 10 sheet job with 9 flip ops. Often little or no material would be wasted if you could prioritize least amount of flips. Especially when cutting 5' x 10' sheets. It would also be nice if you could specify a climb cut on double pass pieces, and conventional cut on all others( I'm not sure if this is what you mean). I find myself running small drawer parts separately to avoid the double pass lip that occurs when conventional cutting.
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Grouping of flip ops is likely to come in the future according to something a little birdie told me.
As far as the other requests I don't know, perhaps TWD could chime in.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Bryan
That is not actulay what I am talking about not to say that that would not be a benifit but the reason for the cut direction that I am talking about is for a climb cut on tool group 1 witch consist of for example solid material and/or mdf, partical board etc. So that the cut direction would not have to be chainged after every nest and as for that mater you would not have to filter your sheets just because of the cut direction.Let alone you forget to change the cut direction back from climb to convintial only to load a sheet of that import stuff. I think that ever one has done that. I dont know about the import stuff you guyes get but a climb cut is no pretty.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

As always, we are open to hearing what our customers would like to see and possible ways to improve our setup. Thanks for the input! I will forward this link to our Engineering dept. for review and consideration as they move forward with future updates.