T shaped pocket help

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

T shaped pocket help

Post by mohan kommineni »

Hello all
we are trying to cut a new display base and having issu on the t shaped pocket it does every thing correct except the t shape (only does the vertical line of t but dosent do the horizontal line to finish the t shape) can any one had this issue before all the tools are setup and ready can any one try to run this and check for me thanks

i had a similar issue http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =7&t=11792 in the past where we had a hole and a rectangular pocket on the top of each other and the machine doesnt do the rectangular pocket and i was told by THM Tech that it is in the list to fix in future. looks like Tech are too busy to handle silly issues.

Thanks to one and all
Attachments
t slot.esj
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: T shaped pocket help

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Mohan,

To enable a more detailed review of your issue, we would also need to see your Control Nesting settings (EXPORT file).

Thanks!
mohan kommineni

hello all here is the file
Attachments
ControlNest5-65.cab.esj
change the ext to .cab
(78.59 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Mohan,

The t slot.esj file that I've downloaded does not contain information that I can view. In order for another user to view design within a .esj file, individual who has created file must have generated drawing in room layout or created a batch. The other option is to have saved the design file in the cabinet editor as a .esa ( assembly ) or .hsf ( cabinet ) file. I've tried renaming your file with all the different extensions, but still do not see design your questioning.
mohan kommineni

hello all
please find the new file attached even the previous file was saved in the batch stage but must be software glitch anyway iam uploading again please try now
Attachments
t slot.esj
(174.02 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I was able to change some settings and get the file to nest and write the cnc with the T pocket. The first thing I did was to check ignore groups in the tooling section. Your material you created the part out of is set for group 2 and it does not have a small enough tool to cut the pocket. The default group does. The second change was in the settings area. I changed the pocket area through cuts to 10322.56mm. This allowed the machine to recognize the whole t shape and pocket it completely. Hope this helps.
mohan kommineni

Hello Daniel

thanks for your help [ we will note the settings]