CS45 problem

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

CS45 problem

Post by Terry Davis »

Our Cs45 may be overheating, don't know for sure. The air conditioner isn't coming on till 84 degrees the screen has been going black and the motherboard is emitting a long tone pausing then emitting a long tone. After shutting down and letting everything cool down it will come back on.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Re: CS45 problem

Post by Will Williamson »

When I first got my CS45 the control cabinet was overheating and the plastic lens covering the monitor came loose and dropped down
It dropped down because the machine sat out in the parking lot all day in the hot Sun while waiting for the riggers to get there. This let dust inside the Control Cabinet. Also the AC filter was not seated correctly and the Air Conditioner enclosure was completely full of Dust and I had to dissemble the Air Conditioner Cabinet And clean out the inside of the Control Cabinet. At that point I redesigned the plastic monitor cover so that it could not slide down. and made a new one
Its been 4 years now and I have not had the problem since. I told tech support they could use my new monitor cover design for future CS45's but they were not interested.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: CS45 problem

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

If your unit is out of warranty, you may want to have a local HVAC tech stop in and check the charge on your conditioner. You can also contact service@thermwood.com for further suggestions or to see if your unit is still under warranty.

Will, not sure who you spoke with, but Thermwood is interested in hearing feed back on any design and will take into consideration for future enhancements. Improvement is always welcome. I appologize for your experience in this case. The late model control cabinets have a new ergonimical design. The glass in front of monitor is still held in place by a double face automotive grade tape, however, new bracketry allows adjustment enabling pressure to be applied to computer screen case, which intern presses on glass.

In addition, I will be sure to submit this to our engineering staff for further review.
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Re: CS45 problem (UPDATE)

Post by Terry Davis »

Turns out our system RAM was failing, we tracked down the BIOS beep codes for the motherboard and that is what it was. We also purchased a spare harddrive and cloned the original THM drive and tucked it away.
As we all know with harddrives its not a matter of if it will happen, its when!