installing update

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jason Stephenson
Company Name: Marks Joinery

installing update

Post by Jason Stephenson »

hey guys just wondering we just installed update 5.66 it worked but said we needed a profile module is the update still ok to run

Cheers
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: installing update

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Try opening Profile Modeller and choose a default tool group.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

You will need to take note of the following information on the update page:

IMPORTANT: As of version 5.60 and on you MUST have Profile Modeler installed to update Control Nesting. You must also have THM (Windows 2000 system version - 5.05, Build 9 or higher) OR (Windows XP Pro system version - 6.1.0.4 or higher)

If Control Nesting is not on your controller, you will need to contact Thermwood's retrofit dept. for the upgrade. You can email me your company name and machine serial number and I can check records here at THM to see if PM has been released for your control at any point in time. Email: program@thermwood.com
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Afternoon
After updating CN, when I click on load in CN I get the following: "Invalid database, GetRows binding Error" Then job listing is empty and I have to redirect and reselect to the job file (.twd). Select material filter, click "OK" , oops forget something, click on load again, same error, job listing is empty, have to reselect it.
Can help me?
Thank you very much in advance
Marius

www.jirehcustominteriors.co.za/
Ryan Hochgesang

Did you make sure and shut down the THM software prior to running update? You will need to run update file again and choose REMOVE, then run again to install.

Also, verify your THM software version as stated at the top of download web site:

IMPORTANT: As of version 5.60 and on you MUST have Profile Modeler installed to update Control Nesting. You must also have THM (Windows 2000 system version - 5.05, Build 9 or higher) OR (Windows XP Pro system version - 6.1.0.4 or higher)
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Ryan,
Is there a point at which the minimum requirements will change past THM version 5.05?
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Ryan Hochgesang

THM minimum requirement will likely only move upward as time goes on with later versions of control nesting. Similar to what has been seen with current requirements:
THM (Windows 2000 system version - 5.05, Build 9 or higher) OR (Windows XP Pro system version - 6.1.0.4 or higher). I would think it will be quite some time, however likely due to changing computer technology.