Cutlist

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Nagy
Company Name: Barracuda Kitchens

Cutlist

Post by Greg Nagy »

Is there any chance in the next version to change the method of making cutting list for an assembly to a more simplified one?
Now the cutting list has a lot of information, but it is absolutely useless in this format.

1. Should be a feature in the cabinet/assembly editor to change the cabinet names easily to a very simple one.
2. Able to change the part names to anything (now we can, but the old name still appear. What's the point???). Using our own default part names in all cabinets automatically would be the best.
3. In the cutlist only needed the following information:
- simplified cabinet name (code)
- simplified part names (able to use our own default part names only)
- width/height IN NUMBERS, ALWAYS IN ONE UNIT (without the stupid 'mm' or 'm' at the end)
- quantity (now it is always 1 regardless how many identical parts I have, so meaningless again)

4. Exporting to excel sheet (only one sheet, not 25)

So if these things change, a lot of users' life will be much easier I think.
Greg
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Cutlist

Post by Neville Bastian »

Greg you might be waiting a while for this to happen. The Thermwood boys tend to do their own thing when it comes to taking users suggestions.
The way you could achieve this customised report is to hire a 16 year old computer geek from High School and tell him what you want. He can create some custom programming within Excel or Microsoft programming laungage. This will then be a report you want. I had my son do this and it took him a day or so to delete the unwanted information and put in a format that makes sense to a tradie.

As for comment make life easy. I think being in the trade is never going to easy.
Hope all is well in NSW

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Wayne Adelkopf
Company Name: Noble Woodworks Inc.

Post by Wayne Adelkopf »

Try cutlistplus.com
You can import the excel file in CSV format and create cut sheets, etc
Greg Nagy
Company Name: Barracuda Kitchens

Post by Greg Nagy »

Thanks Neville, I know I have to create a complicated excel macro, but to convert into a format what I would like to get just too complicated. It'd be much better if the cutlist itself was customisable. There is sunshine in NSW anyway mate!

Wayne, I do use a cut optimisation software, but to convert the excel sheet into a good format the pain in the ass.

Greg