Room Layout with measurements

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carl Hoover
Company Name: Classic Woodworking

Room Layout with measurements

Post by Carl Hoover »

Is there anyway to produce a drawing like this with ecabs software????
Thanks
Carl
Carl Hoover

Re: Room Layout with measurements

Post by Carl Hoover »

15 - Copy.jpeg
Uh I guess it helps to attatch the pic :wall:
Anyway this is the drawing i was trying to see if I could get from ecabs
Cheers
Carl
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Carl
The best way is there Videos
Attachments
Custom Layout.jpg
Line Drawing Editor.jpg
Carl Hoover

Post by Carl Hoover »

Thank You George I guess i was just being lazy and wondered if there was like some kind of automatic magic to do this.
Carl
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Carl,

Auto-Dimensioning has been on the "Wish List" for a long long time.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

I think a past user Noah was after that feature but Scott says it couldn't be done as Cubits was not a accepted measurement. so I checked it out and here are the conversion sizes. I believe all Ecabinets is written for inches so for metric everything is converted by 25.4 so maybe this google information may be of interest to the Thermwood programmers.
Genesis 6:15 in the Bible tells us the Ark's dimensions were at least 135 meters long (300 cubits), 22.5 meters wide (50 cubits), and 13.5 meters high (30 cubits). That's 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high! It could have been larger, because several larger-sized cubits were used. But the 45-centimeter (18-inch) cubit is long enough to show the enormous size of the Ark.

Regards
Neville
Neville Australia
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Post by Nat Wheatley »

It is a shame that the software doesn't do auto-dimensioning. It really does limit what is otherwise a very powerful program, and I'm not clear on why it's made it this far without it

With any volume of work that requires dimensioned drawings it's not to feasible to consider manually adding these in manually. For my closet work, I've since gone to different software package to do my drawings, not because it's better software, but because it produces measured drawings quickly. As the drawings are already entered there, I've since added the pricing module to that. If the job sells, I then go back to E-cabinets, and enter my closets units as a batch, and cut from there.

The next logical step is to switch over to the other software completely, which would eliminate the step of creating the batch list. I don't want to do that. Sure cost factors in, but more than that I've learned E-cabinets, am very comfortable with it, and would guess that you would not find another package that machine parts better or more efficiently.

So that's where I'm at. I've hesitated to post, but think that it's worth knowing that that's been my progression, as I'd guess that I'm not the only one that's gone this course.
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3