Missing cabinet bodies error message

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Unruh
Company Name: Oak Tree Cabinetry

Missing cabinet bodies error message

Post by Steve Unruh »

"There was a problem saving cabinet bodies. One or more bodies may be missing."

Does anyone know what causes this error? Or is there more than one thing? This was on a small test cabinet that I've cut with no problem but when I attempted to change the materials on the cabinet this error message was the result. I've seen this before - but just started over without running down the problem. It started as an upper cabinet with the face frames turned off - - could that be the cause of the problem; Turning the face frames off?

Steve
Oak Tree Cabinetry
Thermwood CS 43
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Missing cabinet bodies error message

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Steve, can you post the job you are having trouble with, along with specific steps to re-create the problem? If Thermwood can reproduct the issue it is virtually fixed for the next release.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Steve Unruh

Post by Steve Unruh »

I've uploaded the job file; its just a single test cabinet for "proof of concept" for the contractor. I've attempted to change materials in the "room" setting as well as in the "editors". I've had this same issue a few other times; and its just a nuisance as it goes away if you redraw the cabinet from the beginning. Most likely there is some setting that I have incorrect somewhere in the software. I've used the program for two years, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't use it to its potential - It does what we want it to do, when we need it! I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

steve
Attachments
CUI test cabinet.esj
(90.02 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Thermwood CS 43
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Steve, the cabinet you posted has no part bodies. Unfortunately I don't think this helps, unless you know how the cabinet got to it's current state. In other words, if you can make a cabinet lose the part bodies with a specific process, then it can be fixed.
The good news in the meantime: you can bring the cabinet to the cabinet editor, right click, and go to 'remove part editor cuts' then choose 'from entire cabinet'. This will cause a part body rebuild, and the cabinet will be able to be saved and you can then make changes to it. The bad news is you will of course lose any part editor work that was done to the cabinet - I didn't see any part editor work on the one you posted so maybe this will be an acceptable solution.
Hope this helps,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Steve Unruh

Post by Steve Unruh »

Thanks, Josh! I did that, and then, yes, I can change the materials. I had never had any part to the part editor though......although I had made various changes to the blind dado settings to achieve what we were wanting. I'll try to recreated this problem if I have time. I have lost some of the cabinet bodies before on other items, but never pursued the issue, just redrew. Thanks again for your input, I wouldn't have even thought of trying that!

Steve
Oak Tree Cabinetry
Chickasha, Oklahoma
Thermwood CS 43