Editing Walls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

James Melvin

Editing Walls

Post by James Melvin »

This a a longstanding issue for me: Once I have created a room in custom layout (all walls with build direction facing inward) and take a simple wall to the wall editor to create geometry for window openings I am never certain which side of the wall I am looking at. In other words, I don't know if I should lay my windows out from right to left or left to right. My assumption has always been that the wall editor view would be just like standing in the middle of the room facing the wall in question. Unfortunately, that is often not what happens. Specifically, I just took a 16' long wall to the editor and had to lay out two Marvin windows (over a window seat) from right to left due to the architect's mark-up on the plan. After subtracting all the calculated measurements from the 16 feet to get my "x" points and assigning my "y" points I placed and cut the windows. But when I returned to the room they were on the wrong end of the wall! This seems like it should be a no-brainer but I am a "user" :twisted: since 3.2 and have yet to figure out what I am doing wrong. Anyone?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Editing Walls

Post by Scott G Vaal »

James,

Attach the room you are currently dealing with and note which wall you're editing and I can take a look at it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000