Help With turnings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mario Tovar
Company Name: Maderas Creativas

Help With turnings

Post by Mario Tovar »

I am an amateur user of this wonderfull e cabs software and fullfilled my needs until now, A client has asked me to present a proposal of a base cabinet with decorative turnings in the corners but I don know how to make the adding to a simple base cabinet.
Any help will be apreciated. :wall:
Dennis Englert

Re: Help With turnings

Post by Dennis Englert »

Mario,

When you are in the Cabinet Editor, you'll see a tab for Display Objects. Within that there will be a folder for "Wood Components" and then Adams Wood Products and Hafele. You'll find a variety of legs in Adams Wood Products. Select one. It will be placed at the position of the Target.

If you research the Help documents you should be able to find how to move objects with features like Align Items and Move Increment. Once you have the part(s) where you want them, then you'll need to research how to Associate the object to the cabinet or you'll need to save the cabinet as an Assembly.

The procedures for doing this are available in our subscription-based online video training program and also "The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems".

Dennis Englert
Manager of Product Training
Thermwood Corporation
Nicolas Barbeito
Company Name: Zimmerman Furniture Co

Post by Nicolas Barbeito »

I do not see any such folder. My directory is set to import. Where should I look to find those products?
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Misdirected. Go to "Hardware Objects". Then Wood Components.

Dennis
Mario Tovar
Company Name: Maderas Creativas

Post by Mario Tovar »

Thank you Dennis:

It just worked well but why I cannot associate the turning with the cabinet?? Is the form of selecting the cabinet?? or what

Any way I apreciete the Help
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Should not be a problem. Both objects must be selected. Single-click on the turning. Double-click on the cabinet. Right-click and choose the option "to associate to cabinet" from the Associations options.

Dennis
Nicolas Barbeito
Company Name: Zimmerman Furniture Co

Post by Nicolas Barbeito »

Dennis, When I click on hardware objects all I get is a file called pulls. Nothing about a wood component.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Go to our website, www.ecabinetsystems.com. Find the Software Installs and Updates page. Towards the bottom of the page is Wood Components to download and install.

Dennis