Two level Island

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mario Tovar
Company Name: Maderas Creativas

Two level Island

Post by Mario Tovar »

I was asked to present a propossal of an Island with the countertop in two levels, the drawer side lower than the oposite side, I cut both sides and the top of the island cabinet in part editor but I can not resize the opening for the face frame? I understand that are different ways to do the same. maybe my aproach is wrong?? Any help will be apreciated
Jim Carter
Company Name: Jim Carter Corp.

Re: Two level Island

Post by Jim Carter »

Mario
would it help if you were to build the island out of two cabinets instead of one .
mixing and matching parts from two cabinets has made it posible for me to do some tricky stuff.
play with material that is very thin or with eliminating parts.
With out seeing what your trying to do its hard to guess at how I would build it.
JIm
jim@jimcartercorp.com
973-224-0221
Ringwood, New Jersey
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Mario Tovar wrote:I was asked to present a propossal of an Island with the countertop in two levels, the drawer side lower than the oposite side, I cut both sides and the top of the island cabinet in part editor but I can not resize the opening for the face frame? I understand that are different ways to do the same. maybe my aproach is wrong?? Any help will be apreciated
Do you need cabinets on both sides?? If not just use panels for the front and make an assembly from them and your cabinets.
Mario Tovar

Post by Mario Tovar »

The island only have drawers and doors in the front part, the top must be at two levels being the front the lower and countertop on both levels. I cut the lateral panels to resemble two levels but the face frame take the higher level and I dont know how to define the opening lowering the top side to put the face frame and the drawers and doors. I even put a stretcher on the top side of the lower part with no result
Any help will be apreciated
Attachments
Island with turnings.jpg
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mario,

Under Construction Settings/Face Frame Tab give your top rail a Negative Outside Scribe equal to yourcutout depth. This one has a negative ten inch outside scribe.
mario.jpg
Mario Tovar

Post by Mario Tovar »

:beer: It worked just great in a very simple way thanks for your help
Attachments
TWO Level Island.jpg