Can anyone help me with this upgrade??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris B Campbell

Can anyone help me with this upgrade??

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Control Nesting Update
ALERT: As of May 1, 2012 Control Nesting Updates will not support Windows 2000 systems. If you have this type of THM Control you will need to upgrade to receive further Control Nesting updates. To request a control upgrade click here.
IMPORTANT: As of version 5.60 and on you MUST have Profile Modeler installed to update Control Nesting. You must also have THM (Windows 2000 system version - 5.05, Build 9 or higher) OR (Windows XP Pro system version - 6.1.0.4 or higher)

Okay I am not a computer whiz in the 1st. paragraph it states will not support windows 2000..... Second paragraph you must have windows 2000 and profile molder. I have 5.05 & profile molder not sure of build # or were to find it. I tried to download new control nesting got an error and had to leave. Next I got a phone call from a friend telling me Don't do it that it has caused his router to no longer work.
I have left messages with Thermwood but have not got a call back.
Any advice?

Thanks
Chris Campbell
Shoreline Woodworking
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Can anyone help me with this upgrade??

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Chris, you will not be able to run the updates of control nesting on your actual controller's PC.
The easy fix is to purchase CN Desktop and write your code with that instead. Then the controller only has to run code that was written by your CN desktop software. Otherwise you will have to upgrade your controller.
Hope this helps,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Hi Josh,
Sounds like a plan but not sure what CN Desktop is, guessing it's a copy of Control Nesting that I can use on my desktop instead of the controller. Something like I do now with Bobcad were it generates the G Code then I take it out to the controller drop it in the Part file then load it up?? Can I use the same computer I use for e cabinets?
If I am correct then I assume it's a Thermwood product, I did search the store but found nothing.

Thanks again,
Chris
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Chris, your assumptions are all correct.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570