PROGRAM ERROR!!!!! INTERCEPT CALCULATION FAILED

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

PROGRAM ERROR!!!!! INTERCEPT CALCULATION FAILED

Post by mohan kommineni »

Hello all
we are doing this job and facing this issue error screen shot isattached and the machine stalls then have to estop to home and have got few more same codes on the same program whaich are same issue too (program attached )
and pocket is not being cleaned there are steps leftover and manchine has finished cleanup but the stepsn are still there

job is stuck halfway on the machine and have to finish it before taking it out please if some one can help me it will save us down time

Thanks
Mohan
Attachments
error radius1.JPG
7493 BASE.twd.txt
change file extension
(178 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
ControlNest5-71.cab.txt
change file extension
(103.41 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
7493 BASE.esj
(3.31 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: PROGRAM ERROR!!!!! INTERCEPT CALCULATION FAILED

Post by Daniel Odom »

Do you have a dxf of this part?
Joe Harger

Post by Joe Harger »

Hello, I have responded to your email address....Please respond with the information and we can get this figured out..

Joe Harger
Software Support
Thermwood Corporation
mohan kommineni

Hello ALL

I have sent all the information to thermwood and havent heard back so far please update

to me it looks like a serious bugggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please update the status

Thanks
Mohan
Joe Harger

Post by Joe Harger »

Mohan, it looks like a Thermwood Software update may fix this problem, to be sure we need to run your program with your current version of software. Can you verify your version of Thermwood Control Software on your router..We will run with your current version and see if we get the same error as you and then we will run with the latest build of THM software to see if the error goes away...

Joe Harger
Software Support
Thermwood Corporation
mohan kommineni

Joe Harger wrote:Mohan, it looks like a Thermwood Software update may fix this problem, to be sure we need to run your program with your current version of software. Can you verify your version of Thermwood Control Software on your router..We will run with your current version and see if we get the same error as you and then we will run with the latest build of THM software to see if the error goes away...

Joe Harger
Software Support
Thermwood Corporation
Hello Joe Harger

i have sent you an email(Tue 5/15/2012 7:18 AM) with the machine info screen shot have you not received it yet ,
any way to clear all issues i have uploaded here in the forum

please let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot the issue

Thanks
Mohan
Attachments
machine version.JPG
Joe Harger

Post by Joe Harger »

Mohan, we have ran your file here and we are getting same error on both your version software and the new software..We believe the error lies in the creation of the parts. Was a DXF file
used to create this part, or was it drawn and created in part editor. If it was created with a DXF file, we will need to get that dxf file and see what needs to be corrected.
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Mohan,

We've been getting this error for 6 years now. Our previous work around was to have the cad dept redraw the part. This often did not fix the problem and wasted a lot of time.
Recently we discovered that there was a discrepancy in the code. The line that was highlighted when the error appeared was different than the following line. For instance, the highlighted line would read x49.1234 and the next line would read x49.1235. This was usually on rectangular parts with radius corners.
It turns out that our dxf file reads 8 or 9 decimal places and the CN rounds this down to 4 decimal places. Depending on the axis and the direction on that axis, it sometimes gets rounded up, sometimes rounded down.

Our current fix is to change the next line to read the same as the highlighted line using TAB, and hit START. This works 99% of the time.

Something to consider.
Dave
mohan kommineni

Dave Burtchell wrote:Mohan,

We've been getting this error for 6 years now. Our previous work around was to have the cad dept redraw the part. This often did not fix the problem and wasted a lot of time.
Recently we discovered that there was a discrepancy in the code. The line that was highlighted when the error appeared was different than the following line. For instance, the highlighted line would read x49.1234 and the next line would read x49.1235. This was usually on rectangular parts with radius corners.
It turns out that our dxf file reads 8 or 9 decimal places and the CN rounds this down to 4 decimal places. Depending on the axis and the direction on that axis, it sometimes gets rounded up, sometimes rounded down.

Our current fix is to change the next line to read the same as the highlighted line using TAB, and hit START. This works 99% of the time.

Something to consider.
Dave
thanks for the update dave
atleast now we now know that some one else is also facing issues and thermwood techs have to seriously look into this as for me its only from a week but for you its you say its from 6 years

at least techs can understand the issue and keep in their priority lists for future
ofterall 6years we can bear another year to have it fixed dont we

Thanks
Mohan
mohan kommineni

Joe Harger wrote:Mohan, we have ran your file here and we are getting same error on both your version software and the new software..We believe the error lies in the creation of the parts. Was a DXF file
used to create this part, or was it drawn and created in part editor. If it was created with a DXF file, we will need to get that dxf file and see what needs to be corrected.

Hello Joe Harger

please find the attached DXF File

if you further need any info please let me know

Thanks
Mohan
Attachments
74931.dxf.txt
change the ext back to .dxf
(22.21 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Sorry,
If you look at your screen shot, your Y axis program position is 65.229. Your distance to go is 4.741. This adds up to 69.97, not the 69.9694 that your current line reads. On a rectangular part we would edit the next line to read 69.9694. Not sure what your part looks like. Also not sure if you can edit the CURRENT line to read the 69.97 that the router wants to go to.

Any way, I might be WAY off base here (probably), I only have a vague idea how this all works :oops:

Dave
mohan kommineni

Dave Burtchell wrote:Sorry,
If you look at your screen shot, your Y axis program position is 65.229. Your distance to go is 4.741. This adds up to 69.97, not the 69.9694 that your current line reads. On a rectangular part we would edit the next line to read 69.9694. Not sure what your part looks like. Also not sure if you can edit the CURRENT line to read the 69.97 that the router wants to go to.

Any way, I might be WAY off base here (probably), I only have a vague idea how this all works :oops:

Dave
Dave

to me it looks like the THM postprocessing is the issue as you mentioned about the dimensions in the program

just waiting for thermwood techs to conform the issue and release a decision of fixing the bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Mohan