Drawer box DIMENSIONS (suggestion)

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Drawer box DIMENSIONS (suggestion)

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi,

Here is a suggestion. When you build a drawer box in the Drawer box designer, it would be great to have the possibility to "Lock" the HEIGHT and the DEPTH. The reason why, is that when you use a Metabox drawer box, it's need to have specific dimensions. For example, 6" height and 22" depth, you make it in the drawer box designer. But when you had the drawer box while adding the drawer front you need to set the inset for the height and the depth for the drawer and you have to "calculate" to make sure you drawer box will be 6" x 22" and that can be long! So if it was possible the "Lock" the dimensions this might solve the problem.

If there a way to do it that I didn't know, feel free to tell me! :)

Thanks a lot!
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Re: Drawer box DIMENSIONS (suggestion)

Post by jason galbraith »

When I have this situation I leave the minimum top inset and minimum back inset as 0 and only set a bottom inset- how high up the draw will be from the bottom of the draw front or inside carcase- and the left and right insets. Then set your minimum height inc. and minimum deprth inc. to the finished height you want the draw boxes.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au