Pull Hole

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Pull Hole

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i wrote something here but I am actually coming back on ecabinet more than ever!

So I just install the version 6.0 Build 8 and I'm doing some test. On the list of the things that are ADDED or FIXED it's written that the pull hole pattern were adding on the drawer fronts and drawer box fronts. Actually I can put the pull holes on the drawer front but It's seem that I can't add them on the drawer box front. Does anyone can help me?

Thanks again!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Pull Hole

Post by Rick Deskins »

The pull holes are for drawer Front and drawer box fronts association with a drawer front. Currently there isnt a way to put a pull or pull holes on a drawer box put in by the drawer box editor.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

This is what I am doing. I'm trying to add pull holes on a drawer box front that I did associate to a drawer front in the door/drawer editor...
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Audrey,

When you design the hole pattern for the pulls, you need a negative and positive value for the hole. This is shown in the Help document.

Dennis
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I do know how to ad pull hole on my drawer front. But when I read the new feature for the build 8 it says: Pull hole patterns (drawer fronts and drawer box fronts) ADDED. So I thought that It would ad pull hole on the DRAWER FRONT and on the DRAWER BOX FRONT. I tried with a 1.5" negative thickness and it didn't work. Here is a picture of what I'm doing. So I guess it is impossible to also have the hole on the DRAWER BOX FRONT.

Thanks!
Attachments
Picture pull.jpg
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Audrey,

Check the Help menu for "Setting Hardware Defaults". There is a section about Applying/Clearing Defaults.

The image I've posted shows the hole pattern on the drawer front and the drawer box front. I think what is missing, since you've probably went through several iterations of trying to get it to work, is the Apply.

If you still don't get it to work, I'd remove the drawer and drawer box, then reinstall it. Then Add the Drawer Pull.

Dennis
Attachments
Drawer and Drawer Box hole patterns.JPG
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Ummmm ok I'll try this! Hope to get it work! :)

Thanks!
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

YESSS!!!! I got it! I need to use the negative and the positive thickness!
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Dennis,

Is there a tutorial video on how to do this operation? This is one that I struggle with and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what you guys are saying to do in the previous posts. :?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi,

I'll try to explain it to you the best I can.

First: Go in the HARDWARE HOLE EDITOR and create your pull pattern. You will need to add a NEGATIVE and a POSITIVE thickness. The NEGATIVE one for the drawer front and the POSITIVE one for the drawer box front.

Second: Bring your cabinet into the Door/Drawer Editor. In the right panel go to PULLS than DRAWER PULL, select your HOLE PATTERN.

Third: add your drawer and your drawer box. Everything should be ok!