Problem with TWD

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Problem with TWD

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I tried to load THIS FILE in control Nesting 5.71 and it locked up the software. Now even after a computer restart i can't open Control nesting. The software stops responding showing zero CPU usage for several hours. I tried re-installing Control Nesting 5.71 but that did not fix it.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Problem with TWD

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Kerry, I reported the same issues with 5.71 back when first released and went back to .69. I haven't had time to investigate the problem as we have been cutting to full capacity. Try going back to .69 and see if your file will nest. Forrest
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Kerry,

Haven't yet had a chance to look at your ZIP yet but perhaps the following can help get your Control Nesting working for other stuff while THM looks at your issue with "Phillips Nest Batch".

Since Control Nesting tries to reload the last job it had processed (or tried to process) whenever you start it, it sounds like it keeps getting choked by the last problematic job. The INPUT.TWD, which contains the last job processed, is found in your "C:\Rolling Nest\" directory and needs to be "reset" to anything but the last job. Anything other than the job causing the lockup should be fine.

If you have a recent CN EXPORT (eg. "ControlNest5-70.cab" or similar) you can open it and extract only the INPUT.TWD. Copy that into the "C:\Rolling Nest\" directory (replacing the one that is already there) and then try Control Nesting again.

Hope this helps....
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Thanks Brad,

That got Control Nesting running again and I did the Phillips parts using another software so I am good to go.