Label Alignment Issue

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Patrick Cogan
Company Name: Zanetti Millwork

Label Alignment Issue

Post by Patrick Cogan »

First I want to say thanks to the regular contributors on here and the Thermwood guys. We've been up and running on our new CS43 for a few months now, and this forum has been a great resource.

We've just started the process of trying to print part labels for when we are running bigger jobs on the router. Here is the setup I'm trying to use:

HP InkJet printer
Avery Easy Peel Address Labels 8162 (says to use template 5162), size 1.33" x 4"
Control Nesting version 5.70
Label File: 1p33x4_Address_Sheet.rpt

Now, it seems that everything is working as planned, but the vertical alignment of the printout on the labels is slightly off. The printed information overlaps to the label above by about .125" by the time you get down to the 7th row of labels on a sheet.

From what I'm gathering, I would need Crystal Reports to be able to edit the top margin or the space between labels on the report. (I don't have it)

So has anyone on here had similar issues with the 1p33x4 labels and can suggest a solution? Or can anyone verify that they are using the 1p33x4 labels and it is working correctly?

If the same report is working fine for others I'll probably just try replacing the printer, or switching to a different label size.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks everybody :beer:

Patrick
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Label Alignment Issue

Post by Daniel Odom »

I haven't tried using an inkjet printer but I imagine the dymo label printer is much faster and more cost efficient. You can pick one up cheap on ebay if you don't already have one. You can get cheaper knock off brand labels too.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

So when you buy a cs43 do your not get a label printer with it?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Patrick Cogan
Company Name: Zanetti Millwork

Post by Patrick Cogan »

Daniel Odom wrote:I haven't tried using an inkjet printer but I imagine the dymo label printer is much faster and more cost efficient. You can pick one up cheap on ebay if you don't already have one. You can get cheaper knock off brand labels too.
That might be the route we end up going. I'm going to try to get what we have working, but if I can't we'll look into the Dymo printers. It looks like the "print per current sheet" while cutting functionality only works with the 30252_Address_SINGLESHEET.RPT, so that's where I'll start I suppose.
Will Williamson wrote:So when you buy a cs43 do your not get a label printer with it?
We didn't. I'm not sure if that's one of the standard features we opted out of, or an optional accessory we didn't get. Apparently we should have though. :)

Thanks guys.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Office Depot has the Dymo printer and labels in stock
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram