Problems after updating to new build

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

Problems after updating to new build

Post by KyleHepp »

I haven't used eCabs in awhile, so YES, I am very rusty. I'm sure that is part of the difficulties I am having, but since updating to the latest build, I can't find ANY libraries!
I went onto the ecabs site and downloaded a handful of libraries, and when I try to install any of them, the wizard guides me through an UNinstall, instead of an installation.

I've managed to get my room laid out, and now I need to drop the cabs in place and generate some lists. can anyone help me figure out where all my cabinets went?

Also, a couple years back, when I 1st started with ecabs, I remember printing a rather thick user guide from somewhere, and for the life of me, I canno9t locate it. -it would be for an archaic bersion of ecabs, but alot of the basics were still there... anyone know where I can DL/Print a basic userguide to help clear out the cobwebs.

this is just KILLING me, as I spent a 2 week vacation (a couple years ago) sitting at the computer, day in, day out learning ecabs, and getting very proficient at it, now I feel like I am starting from scratch! :wall:
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Problems after updating to new build

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

They now have a video training that you can buy for $25 @ mo.-- I think -- and use only as many months as you need and it will take you through most any problem or task that you will encounter. This would be the way to go IMHO as it has really changed a lot since you used it. FYI
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

what I can't understand is: WHERE DID ALL THE LIBRARIES GO!!??? it seems as though everything I had is just out the window, nowhere to be found!
I wish I could have just used the old version I had, -but of course it wouldn't open... upgrading to the latest build was mandatory, and once I did that, -forget about it, I'm literally starting from scratch...
I've got to try to produce my 3 jobs at hand, but I will definitely be looking into the video training programme you just turned me onto, just as soon as I can.

well, while writing this, the "paint grade framed full dado" library finished downloading, I went through the installation steps, -but it is just not installing... there are no cabs, no assemblies, nothing...

is there anyway to revert back to my old build (complete with my libraries and materials) and USE it???
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

The old cabinet libraries were kept in c:\program files\thermwood\ecabinet systems\cabinets. You can check to see if that is were they were installed too. In the newer versions of ecabinets, the cabinet libraries are now located at:

For XP: c:\Documents and Settings\All User\Shared Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\Cabinets

For Vista/Windows 7: Public>Public Documents>Thermwood>eCabinet Systems\Cabinets
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900