can't find cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John Scaravella

can't find cabinets

Post by John Scaravella »

after installing 6.1 I have no more cabinets in my files. I downloaded the framed cabinet library and it shows on the list in cabinets, but there are no cabinets in it. have I lost all my cabinets? how can I get the libraries to show cabinets for me to choose?
John
KyleHepp

Re: can't find cabinets

Post by KyleHepp »

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same conundrum. I 've got 3 jobs stacked up, I sit down to use ecabs, (it essentially demands an upgrade to the newest version) and everything is GONE, and nothing I try to download and install appears anywhere in ecabs. -it is like a blank slate...

any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

See if you can find your ecabinet sytems cabinet folder, you may have to search for it. On my computer it is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\cabinets , but it may be different for you. If you find this folder see if anything is in it and create a shortcut (send to desktop) so that it is easy to find. When I was using windows xp media center edition, I had problems getting the libraries to install, after installing windows 7 on a new computer it seemed to fix the problem.

Data files for eCabinet Systems will be found in:

For XP: c:\Documents and Settings\All User\Shared Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems. Sub-directories below this contain the various templates, databases, documentation and sample files, as well as the user created files.

For Vista/Windows 7: Public>Public Documents>Thermwood>eCabinet Systems
John Scaravella

Post by John Scaravella »

someone from ecabinets found a setting on my computer that was not set correctly. after he corrected it all the cabinet libraries showed correctly. it was so long ago I don't remember what the setting was. get them on the phone and they can walk you through it. I am also using XP
John