touch screen/multi-touch PC's and Ecabinetsystems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Karl Shikles
Company Name: Karls Custom Cabinets

touch screen/multi-touch PC's and Ecabinetsystems

Post by Karl Shikles »

I am looking to buy a new Desktop PC to replace/supplement the aging laptop that is currently my sole computer. I'm noticing that a lot of the touch-screen all-in-one PCs seem to be priced pretty similarly to their tower-cased counterparts these days. While it seems like a fun gimmick to have on your computer, I'm wondering if these have any real value to ecabinetsystems users. Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this? Thanks again.
Gary Campbell
Guru Member
Company Name: ShopBot Tools Inc

Re: touch screen/multi-touch PC's and Ecabinetsystems

Post by Gary Campbell »

Karl...
I tried the touchscreen aspect. Didnt work as well as my trackball for eCabs design. Your mileage may vary, but I find them less precise when you need them to be.

Most "all in ones" dont have the ability to select or upgrade the video card. Ensuring that you have a properly speced NVidia QuaddroFX (with a ton of RAM) is one of the best insurance policies you can buy to have a great eCabs machine.
Gary Campbell
ShopBot Tools Production Support

ShopBot (eCabinets) Link Training & Support
Karl Shikles
Company Name: Karls Custom Cabinets

Re: touch screen/multi-touch PC's and Ecabinetsystems

Post by Karl Shikles »

Gary,

That's my impression as well. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of being stuck paying for laptop components (i.e. RAM) when it's time to upgrade, either. Ya do hafta admit that the concept is pretty cool, however.