5.72 control nesting update

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Thomas strembitsky
Guru Member
Company Name: true form cabinets

5.72 control nesting update

Post by Thomas strembitsky »

i recently purchases a cs43 which is running the THM 8.1.3 version of the supercontroller. After installing the new control nesting software version 5.72, there are a few things in the update that are only supported by the THM 8.3 version. Does anyone know what the 8.3 version has that the 8.1.3 does not
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 @ 2.70GHz 8.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
http://www.trueform.ca
CS43 cnc
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: 5.72 control nesting update

Post by Scott Marshburn »

"I also have a question about the 5.72 upgrade I see that there are some fixes that require eCabinets 6.0 build 9 •Grouping failing. This fix requires having eCabinetSystems 6.0 Build 9 or newer. (FIXED)
•Inset carvings rotated improperly. This fix requires having eCabinetSystems 6.0 Build 9 or newer. (FIXED) should we wait for the eCabinet upgrade before installing 5.72 ? "
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

We are beta testing build 9 now. Maybe they posted the CN update on the open forum accidentally. Forrest
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Thomas strembitsky wrote:i recently purchases a cs43 which is running the THM 8.1.3 version of the supercontroller. After installing the new control nesting software version 5.72, there are a few things in the update that are only supported by the THM 8.3 version. Does anyone know what the 8.3 version has that the 8.1.3 does not
Thomas,

The only difference will be the Label Recovery feature will not be available.

In THM 8.3.0 and newer an option for printing labels per part or sheet is available in the Control Options menu. This option is called Label Recovery. (ADDED)
Ability to designate CNC output as a CNC Database for Label Recovery use. (ADDED)
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Scott Marshburn wrote:"I also have a question about the 5.72 upgrade I see that there are some fixes that require eCabinets 6.0 build 9 •Grouping failing. This fix requires having eCabinetSystems 6.0 Build 9 or newer. (FIXED)
•Inset carvings rotated improperly. This fix requires having eCabinetSystems 6.0 Build 9 or newer. (FIXED) should we wait for the eCabinet upgrade before installing 5.72 ? "
Scott,

You can upgrade to the latest CN now if you want. There are obviously some isolated grouping and carving issues that will not be completely resolved until the new eCabSys is released to everyone. But, if you do not have any issues with grouped slab doors and or drawer fronts now, you should still be OK with the new CN and the current eCabinet Systems.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Forrest Chapman wrote:We are beta testing build 9 now. Maybe they posted the CN update on the open forum accidentally. Forrest
Forrest,

It was not by accident. the latest CN will support the current and the beta version of eCabSys. Sorry for any confusion.
Regards,

Scott Vaal