Stretcher Situation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Stretcher Situation

Post by TonyGiunta »

I am trying to create sort of an inset face frame where there will be L&R stiles and T&B rails. All will have RTA fittings attached to respective ends/top/deck. I can use a stretcher to create the stiles, but since the rails should fit in between the stiles and not go all the way through to the end panels, can this be done with a stretcher?

I don't see an inset function that would allow me to back out the width of the stiles/strtchers. I know I could probably take the rails/stretchers into PE and chop of the ends to fit. Wondering if I am missing something with stretcher function and maybe a new option with recent new build version 9.

Thanks.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Stretcher Situation

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tony,

Create your Stretcher for a rail then give the left end the proper inset (the width of your stile). Lock that inset then give the right end the proper inset. This will shorten the rail to the proper length then lock that inset. Now if you re-size the cabinet your stretcher will adjust accordingly.

Kerry
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Hey Kerry,

My mother was born in Amarillo TX. Have not gotten there yet. Someday.

I don't see an inset function in the stretcher editor? My post may have been confusing regarding me using FF terminology.

Thanks,
Tony
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tony,

After you create a stretcher in the Stretcher Editor, click on it to select it then click the Adjust Stretcher button. You will then go to a screen where you have 6 different insets you can place and lock on that stretcher.
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

I never realized you could actually modify the length of a stretcer with those. Good to know.

Thx!