Screen Freezes

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Screen Freezes

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I've been experiencing some screen freezing mainly in eCabinets but also in Solidworks. When I have a cabinet opened and say at some point I want to rotate it the screen is unresponsive. I have to minimize eCabinets screen or go to construction settings and then cancel. I don't even need to rebuild to get out of it. I know that the problem is not in eCabinets. I've been updating my video card drivers regularly. I check the nVidia web site once a week. I've tried googleing the problem but I just can't formulate a good search phrase.

Has any of you guys encountered this problem. Do you have a solution that you can point to?

Thanks
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Screen Freezes

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Maybe try this: Open the Nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings> restore, and then apply. See if that helps.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Doesn't work Rick. I never actually changed anything in the nVidia control panel. It's strange.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Georgi,
Did you ever find a solution to this?
Having the same problems. GeForce 9500.

I can fix by changing the windows theme to one of the ones with the transparency stuff. I was running classic that had all the title bars solid, but if I change to those transparent title bars in all the apps it works fine. Go figure....

Thx
fred
Fred Hirsch
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Georgi,

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer for your graphics card.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Keri,
I tried the new drivers. Even went through the setting in Nvidia panel one by one with no luck. I don't think it is the 3D... I think for some reason it is not "seeing" that it needs a screen refresh. Kindof weird, all other video cards in shop work fine.
Thx
Fred
Fred Hirsch
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Kerry,
Sorry totally misspelled your name. I did not intend to do that... my brain is in chaos mode right now. I apologize.
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I still have the problem. I am really punctual on the latest upgrades 'cause every time I hope it'll fix my problem. Still no luck. Had no issue under XP. It started happening in W7. Although there's one thing I need to check and that is if it happens on both screens. I have dual 24" and I always run eCabinets on the second screen. Will let you know.

Thanks