NEW PC build????

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carl Hoover
Company Name: Classic Woodworking

NEW PC build????

Post by Carl Hoover »

Any one have any suggestions for building a new pc to run ecabs? So far i am looking at going with
32GB gskill Ram 1866
AMD 4ghz 8 core fx 8350
gigabyte motherboard
some kind of SSD, any preferences out there??
Any suggestions for a video card this is my biggest question. I was thinking of going with this card "GIGABYTE GV-N650OC-2GI GeForce GTX 650 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card"
Would the program benefit from an sli setup. I'm not a gamer so i don't want to spend the money if ecabs can't use it.
Thanks
Carl
:beer:
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: NEW PC build????

Post by Rick Deskins »

I would suggest the Samsung SSD 830. I am not sure if ecabinets would benefit from SLI or not, but getting a good video card helps eCabinets quite a bit as well as a fast processor. eCabients recommended video card is 1GB nVidia Quadro 2000 Graphics Card. I personally like the core i5 and i7 processors.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Carl Hoover
Company Name: Classic Woodworking

Re: NEW PC build????

Post by Carl Hoover »

Hey thanks for the heads up on the Quadro 2000 I missed that in the recommendations. Anyway after some research found out that the Quadro line of video cards is the best for this line of work. I'll be getting the 2000 also I decided to go with 2 SSD in a raid 0 for quicker read write times then i will back it up to my disk drive for redundancy. I hope it works as I am planning. I also decided to go with the AMD FX 8350 it is 4.0 GHz stock and then my water cooler will fit right over with out any mods to it.
PS I love building PCs just wish it didn't cost so much for the good stuff :mrgreen: