RTA hole pattern selection

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

RTA hole pattern selection

Post by Tim Massa »

I've noticed that if I load a fresh Standard library cabinet and proceed to load an RTA hole pattern that was created in the hole pattern editor, the software will neglect to use that hole pattern and, instead, will resort to the default Hafele Rafix pattern. The product code has not been changed from the Rafix, just the Hole pattern selection.
Change the deck construction from Butt to Rta with my custom hole pattern preselected and it will still resort to the Rafix instead of my custom selected pattern.
If I click on one of the rice crispy icons that brings up applied hardware panel the hole patterns are all defaulted to rafix on the cabinet parts instead of my selected custom pattern.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and why this is not acting as I would suppose:

Click on hole pattern selection from mini window/navigate to preferred hole pattern/select pattern/ change construction setting of cabinet part from butt to RTA/????!!!!! Cabinet construction defaults to standard library RTA.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: RTA hole pattern selection

Post by Daniel Odom »

When using applied hardware per part, make sure to click apply box of the new pattern you want and don't click apply in the default box; I've had that trip me up before. Also, when you first select the hole pattern you want, click apply to cabinet.
Tim Massa

Re: RTA hole pattern selection

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks Daniel,

So starting from a scratch cabinet, if you select a different rta hole pattern from the default you will have to remember to hit the 'Apply to cabinet' rice crispy pull down? Changing the initial RTA hole pattern has to be followed by a separate mouse and click action of 'apply to cabinet', correct? Thanks, that must have been what I was doing wrong. That remember to remember list....