Current tandembox best practice

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gerry A Brown
Company Name: Old Style Woodwork

Current tandembox best practice

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what is the current best method of adding tandembox drawers to get the drilling pattern on the drawer fronts & carcase sides. Or point me to a thread that discusses the topic. I have tried the search function but most of what I find is old information & I don't know how much of it relates to the current build.

Thanks,
Gerry
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Current tandembox best practice

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi George I personally have used this type of drawer but I did come across this type of whole pattern in the hardware hole editor help file go to hardware hole editor and click on the(? ) and look under integrated drawer systems.
Gerry A Brown

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Hi Scott,

Thanks that was very helpful.

We use a plant on gable on end cabinets & so need a full clearance on that side & a half clearance everywhere else. We are considering drilling in between those two dimensions on the drawer front. This works out to a .6 mm difference between the two. We should be able to use the adjusters to deal with the difference.
Is this common practice? It seems it would be too much complication to have one pattern for a gable that has a plant on & another for a gable that butts to the next cabinet?

Thanks,
Gerry
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

You can still set the same drilling pattern but you would change the reveal amount when applying the draws, or I'm missing something in translation.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Gerry A Brown

Post by Gerry A Brown »

Hi Jason,

No you are not missing anything I am or was :oops: I was not getting the complete picture of how this works.
As you say the software compensates for drawer location on the box when it is applied.

Thanks,
Gerry