please help

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Masatake Ambe
Company Name: adf workshop

please help

Post by Masatake Ambe »

I just got cs45 set up last week and already experiencing technical problems. since i am new to machine and ecabinet program, not quite sure whether i am doing things right or wrong.this is my model file

Thread continues...
Attachments
nest ok
nest ok
these are tooling
these are tooling
this is my tool list. Im using 10mm for outline cut and rest either 6mm or 3mm
this is my tool list. Im using 10mm for outline cut and rest either 6mm or 3mm
ILU_KIOSK_final_16mm.esj
this is a setting to cut thin MDF up to 20mm
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Masatake Ambe

Re: please help..continues...

Post by Masatake Ambe »

continue

So error saids, i have not set tool size between X n Y (this case approx 9 n 4.5mm)
on my tool setting i have 10mm, 6mm and 3mm tool ready setup.

my construction is blind dado n set as 55%, 5mm depth tolerance of 0.75mm n 0.5mm bottom and side.

I seriously dont know what i am doing wrong here. Would anyone tell me what am i doing wrong?
Attachments
saids i have not set tool size between X n y.
saids i have not set tool size between X n y.
check the graph and check the lines for error
check the graph and check the lines for error
problem begins
problem begins
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: please help

Post by Scott Marshburn »

By The screen shots It looks like you do not have the material MDF-12 in tool group1.Try adding the material into Group1 and make sure that you have the cutter that will cut the dado set to Rout / Dado.
Masatake Ambe

Post by Masatake Ambe »

Scott Marshburn wrote:By The screen shots It looks like you do not have the material MDF-12 in tool group1.Try adding the material into Group1 and make sure that you have the cutter that will cut the dado set to Rout / Dado.
Thank you very much for that. I will look into that now.

My understanding is that (Thermwood cnc setup technician) have set the group 1 materials to up to 20mm materials including MDFs.

When i used 10mm for outline and 6mm for Rout / dDado... error said samething but X n Y value chnages (5mm to 3mm)
when i switch to 6mm for outline and 3mm for Rout / Dado..... saids " not set tool between 8.5 to 5.5mm.

I am puzzled by this...I will certainly look in to material group setting now and see anything odd there. not that i know whats odd or not..lol

would you mind ask, what are a size of cutter that cuts dado? or i need to get? I have set the ticked box saids Rout / Dado..which is second pic i attached.

hmmm....
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Please excuse me from not completely understanding or using Metric measurements but as for our machine witch is Imperial units If we need to cut a dado 3/4" wide there Needs to be a cutter set up in the tool group that will cut a dado 3/4 in. wide In other words a cutter with a diameter of 1/4 in. will never be used to dado a 3/4in. wide dado But a cutter that has a diameter of 1/2 In. will cut that dado