Modify Textures in custom lay out

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Modify Textures in custom lay out

Post by Scott Marshburn »

This feature is a great improvement .But it would be nice if we could select individual cabinets and or display objects to edit each one .For example we have a job that requires the sink base to be stained and all of the other cabinets to be painted.We are using the same materials for all of the cabinets in this job. If we could select the sink base and select the texture for that cabinet. Then select the other cabinets and select the texture for those cabinets.Would something like this be possable?
Jon Dieterlen

Re: Modify Textures in custom lay out

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

+1 on the selecting individual cabinets to modify textures. Most jobs we do have a different finish for the island. I have been changing materials for the items that need the different finish, then you can modify the texture for that material.

As a side note, I would rather see see some other improvements like locking opening sizes, automatic dimensioning in the LDE, and some improved capabilities in the build in house 5 piece door areas. Anything that decreases the time required to get the job into production.

Jon
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

When in Custom Layout select Elevation Mode, from there you can select individual cabinets, then right click and select Change Materials.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Rick I know that you can change materials on individual cabinets in custom layout. I am talking about modifying the existing materials texture on a single cabinet without having to change the material.Or change the texture on all cabinets