Machine all of the sudden is slowing down on the ramp in thr

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Machine all of the sudden is slowing down on the ramp in thr

Post by Scott Marshburn »

All of the sudden our machine is slowing down on the final pass when doing the cut trough I have not changed any settings and It was not doing this the last time we ran. Our settings are %Full Feed for through cuts 100,Last line Feed speed 100,Min Feed Rate 100 These settings have always ben the same. We did upgrade to version 5.74 but went back to 5.73 How would I check to make sure that we are running 5.73
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: Machine all of the sudden is slowing down on the ramp in

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

You can look at the top of the Control Nesting screen and it telss you the version. You can double check by going to the help menu and then choosing about. You have your last line feed speed to 100 so that is what it should be slowing down to when it cuts the part free.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

Thanks Daniel for your reply. If I understand correctly If the last line feed rate is set to 100 This is the speed that it slows down to for the ramp length we have our ramp length set to 3 inches so the machine slows to 100 inches per minute for the last 3 inches of the part. But in this case It slowed to 100 inches per minute for the entire width of the part. for example we were cutting slab doors the door was 14 inches wide the machine slowed to 100 inches per minute for the 14 inches not the 3 inches of the ramp. This only happened on this material. The material was put into the MDF tool group that we have ben cutting with. The only difference that I can see is the material name and the fact that they are slab doors Not Mdf doors or backs that we normally cut. I should be doing another run with the same material and doors today. If this happens again I will send the export and twd as well as the Esj files to you. Thanks.
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

I've experienced glitches with the control nesting material group settings "bleeding through" to other groups when using multiple materials, most notably when using tabs in one group but not another. If I only have one type of material they work as they should. Even if I click ignore groups I still had issues so I ended up removing them all.

I still use the tool groups but there seem to be some issues that need worked out as far as cut parameter material groups. It was kind of confusing to use anyway, it would be easier to have the materials used in the loaded job listed in the main drop down menu rather than a bunch of group numbers and having to view materials for every one until you find the one you want, and having to do it all over again if you forgot to check something but already closed the window. It would also be nice to have the corresponding tool group setting for the selected material on a "next page" button with an ignore group box for it. Then everything could be done from one screen without having to sort through piles of irrelevant data for the job and quickly double check your settings before writing cnc.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member

It stopped as mysteriously as it started. If I get a chance I will bring up the job that it happened on and see if it does it again.