Updating product image

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Updating product image

Post by Tim Massa »

Can anyone tell me how to add an image to an existing product? Does E-cabs require you to delete and re-add in order to get the add image feature. I rilly hoped it would have been in the 'Edit Product' button area but it seems like there are dirt roads to take in order to get to the right area to change existing image area.
Thanks for any help
Tim
Tim Massa

Re: Updating product image

Post by Tim Massa »

Allright, Figured out that in order to change an image you need to NOT have the item currently selected in order to do so. Must be a programming thing.
Now that I've got pretty pictures to accompany my go to hardware list I would like to be able to print these lists from a customers job. This is attractive for the other small shops I'm cutting for.
When I hit the 'Jobs Buy List' selection in the window menu it's a dead button, though the instruction say it is supposed to work. Attached images are what I'm getting from the jobs buy list and cabinet buy list showing the dead button compared to cabinet buy list.
Is there another dirt road to take to get a list similar to the one in the 'cabinets buy list' for the 'jobs buy list' that will have the pretty pictures and easy to read layout, as opposed to the old standard harder to read print out from the 'BUY LIST' icon in the main tool bar.

No big deal if you cant get there from here and have to use the old print outs. Was just hoping that time spent on updating pretty hardware pictures was going to help me make nicer looking jobs buy list.
Attachments
cabinet buy list.png
jobs buy list.png
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Crickets....
No one else using the jobs buy list in the pop out menu?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I use it all the time but it works as expected. Post the job you are working on.
Clipboard01.jpg
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

That's frustratingly good news. Two other people can get it to work so must be something on my end. Here's an attached batch that was not working with the 'Job buy list'. Kerry, if you can get it to work I'm wondering if I need a repair of my current Ecabs build?
Thanks for looking,
Tim
Attachments
Laundry cabs 8 30 13.esj
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 290 times
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Kerry, if you don't mind me asking I couldn't help notice some of the hardware that you had in the buy list. The leg levelers and shelf pins for instance. Are you adding them in manually or is there a way to have them associated with a cabinet that makes that hardware get added automatically? It would be nice if it it could but manually can still work.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Building the seed cabinet with the hardware added then saved?
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

O.K., I tried adding leg levelers, sockets, etc.. to a seed cabinet thru the cabinet buy list. Used the 'Add Items to Assembly' button in the cabinet buy list and re-saved seed cabinet in my seed cab folder. Started new, reloaded seed cab and checked the cab buy list. None of the added bits of hardware were saved by this method. Just the pieces of hardware that got associated thru the KD/RTA applied hardware menu.
So is there no other means to add additional hardware to a seed cabinet, such as leg levelers for a base cab, pie cut turntable for a lazy susan corner base, if all you do is primarily batch out modified seed cabinets in E-cabs?
Is there a dirt road to take that can get me from here (having to remember to remember to add additional hardware pieces to the batch each time a seed cabinet is added) to there (having those additional hardware pieces added to a seed cabinet thereby lowering the amount of remembering to remember)?
For batching out jobs, having these additional bits and pieces of hardware pre-saved for the buy list would be an enormous help for myself and the people I'm cutting for. Just haven't figured out if or how it's possible. Can't find any posts yet searching the forum.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Tim
Make sure that you have the entire cabinet selected (Double Click on the cabinet) before adding new hardware.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks Scott,

Just tried it and worked like a charm. That is going to be a big help in setting up seed cabinets for others as well as myself.

Regards,
Tim