Tooling error in nest

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Tooling error in nest

Post by Tim Massa »

Would anyone at Thermwood be able to help look at this issue for me. Keep getting a tooling error when I try and nest out this batch job.
Seems to be a pocket operation that it does not like for some reason. I've been over and over the settings and can't come up with the solution.
Attaches is one of the cabinets that kicks out the error and my SBLink settings. Thank you for any help.

Tim

Whoops, cant upload link settings here but I would be glad to e-mail.
Attachments
Upper Corner Lft..esj
(520.02 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Tooling error in nest

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Tim, zip the link files and post them here.
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

The screen shot shows a cabinet that has caused the link nest to buck and throw up this error message. The tenon is 3/8" long and the percentage thickness is whatever is needed to be to get to .375" .(think it was 52%)
Cutting to the chase, my outline/ pocket dado tool is a resharpened m.c. bit at .225" diameter.
Why the bucking?

Thanks for any advice,

Tim
Attachments
L nest trouble.jpg
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Thanks Josh,

Here ya go.
Attachments
ShopBotLink1-0-20.zip
(47.55 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

O.K. tried running Link with some older settings that have run fine. Difference seems to be these corner cabs with the decks getting a blind dado tenon. Run this tenon on upper cabinets on recent projects without any problem so I'm guessing it's the corner cab having the fly's on it.
Line 825 keeps having a pocket error from error message window when writing code from SB Link. It wont show the code window so you cant really be sure what the error is babbling about.
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Found a pocket cut thru dimension that I had drawn a little to small by accident in one of the cabinets, Fixed that and the cabinet nested fine. Still no luck with the pocket operation for the front edge of the blind dado tenons that I had on the decks of the corner cabs (in order be able to put a cleat there for a 'behind the door' light rail. Got rid of the blind dado joint on the front of the deck .375". Will run the front tenon edge of the deck off on shaper/ power feed. So I guess the take away is to not put a blind dado on a corner cabinet deck.