Metal Drawer Systems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Metal Drawer Systems

Post by Nat Wheatley »

In what area of the software do I set up the drilling pattern for these? I read the help file, but wasn't sure where to actually start.

Thanks
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Metal Drawer Systems

Post by Daniel Odom »

Hardware hole editor, there's a tutorial in the help file. Basically you set up like a normal drawer slide only you can add holes to the back of the drawer front.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I've been trying that and the holes aren't showing up on the back of the drawer front for some reason. From what I can tell. I'm doing everything as the tutorial is showing to do it, but still can't get the holes to show up...

FWIW, I'm using just drawer fronts (no drawer box) and trying to apply the slide to the drawer fronts in the door/drawer editor.

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Post by Daniel Odom »

You can only do it from the door drawer editor I believe. You add a drawer and check that box that says "add drawer box" and set up the parameters there after selecting a default box and pattern. Not sure if it can be done without a box, never tried.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I resorted to adding the holes in manually. It added the slide holes for the side members fine, but wouldn't add them in to the back of the drawer front, no matter what I did. I had to remove the front holes altogether from the slide pattern, as all though they weren't showing up, they were throwing off the location of the holes I'd created manually.

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nat,

Your hole pattern for the front holes must be created left of the vertical axis line in the editor (holes created to the right of the vertical axis will create holes in your drawer box side) and it must have a negative depth great enough to penetrate your front. If you also give this pattern a positive depth it will create a hole through the drawer box.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks Kerry. I'll try the negative depth, it sounds like that may the problem. I was entering a positive depth (following the help file) with no luck.

Nat

Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

I'll try to rewrite that section to clear up the positive/negative depth confusion.

In general, the negative depth assignment drills a hole into the cabinet side or applied drawer front. The positive depth drills holes into the drawer components, i.e., the sides and drawer front.

Dennis
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks Dennis.

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Working now with the negative depth.

FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Nat,
Here is what we use for the Zargen 6235 500mm. Hope this helps. When you add drawer to cabinet you have to constrain as follows:
LR Inset = .625
Bottom Inset = .25
Min Hght Inc. =5.75
Min Depth =19.9606
Slide Dist Bttm = 0

These have all the holes/cuts necessary. Guys on floor do a drawer in about 2 mins with press.

Fred
Attachments
grass-zargen-6236-510mm.zip
hole Pattern
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Grass Zargen 6236 510mm 5 3~4in.hsf
Drawer
(26.02 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Fred Hirsch
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks very much Fred. I've used piles of Zargen slides usual manual boring, but had forgotten all the settings. Slowly climbing back up their learning curve...

Agreed that once they're dialed in, their assembly speed in unbeatable.

jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

To make things a little quicker, when you make a draw box that has metal sides like the grass ones, you can set the sides of the draw box in, for example the blum ones I use have to be set in 15.5 mm from each side of the opening. In the draw box construction settings, put this allowance in for the sides and the back. After doing this you don't have to put a left and right inset for the draw when you go to put them in just leave the amount at zero. Saves a little bit more time and can save some errors.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au