Changing door / drawer front textures.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rick Nagy
Company Name: Ricks Cabinet Shop

Changing door / drawer front textures.

Post by Rick Nagy »

Hi,

I want to add a black oak texture to my doors / drawer fronts. I copied the image from the library to users/conestoga/finishes/red oak. It comes up as a texture/finish option when I go to edit the door. I'll select it, change the doors, then when it is rendered, it is not changed. Thoughts?
Greg Nagy
Company Name: Barracuda Kitchens

Re: Changing door / drawer front textures.

Post by Greg Nagy »

Try to create a material with this texture, then in the cabinet editor make anything using this material. Then click on this part, then click Match Texture from the right click menu, then click on your drawer fronts. Finally you can delete the temporary part what you don't need. It should work I think.
PS: are you Hungarian?
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

In Cabinet Assembly Editor
1) In settings and Preferences create the materials with the texture that you want.
2) In construction settings assign this material to the parts that you would like to be made from this material
3) Add the doors and drawer fronts and return to main
4)Click one part with the texture that you would like your doors and drawer fronts to be then click on the doors and drawer fronts
5)Right click and select match Texture.
6]Click on the highlighted part with the texture that you want the doors and drawer fronts to be

In Custom Layout
1)Right click and select edit options. From the drop down window select modify textures
2)Find Conestoga Door/Drawer and click on the Column that says Not Set
3)Find the material texture that you would like the doors and drawer fronts to be and select it and click ok
4)Click Apply in the modify textures window. The click OK.
Note: This method will change all Conestoga doors and drawer fronts in custom layout. And will only show the texture when rendered.
Rick Nagy
Company Name: Ricks Cabinet Shop

Post by Rick Nagy »

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. Yes, I am Polish Hungarian..