Can't get my cabinets to rest on floor?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

richard nessmith
Company Name: NesSmith Woodowrks Inc.

Can't get my cabinets to rest on floor?

Post by richard nessmith »

Hello all I haven't used this program in sometime, I can't seem to remember how to change the mounting height. After placing my cabs in top elevation I look at Front elevation and Got some "floating" in mid air and some below the floor..any help is GREATLY welcomed! Thanks Rick
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Can't get my cabinets to rest on floor?

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Click on the drop down arrow for the cabinet that you wish to place in the layout. Select change size .A window will appear Then at the bottom of that window is the mount height. Set this to the height that you want the bottom of the selected cabinet placed at from the floor. I.e. Base cabinet the mount height would be 0.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Richard
Click on the Preferences Icon then Click on Set Standard Dimensions.
Here you can set your default cabinet placement dimensions for uppers and lowers.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Make sure that the cabinet you are trying to replace is a "Base" cabinet. Dennis
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Dennis Englert wrote:Make sure that the cabinet you are trying to replace is a "Base" cabinet. Dennis
If the cabinet is not a base cab then you can Highlight the cab and set your PLACE MODE to FREESTYLE and use your SHIFT button and Arrows to move it up or down. FWIW.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

If it is a upper cabinet and you intend to use this cabinet often, then you should redesign the cabinet starting with the base cabinet. Otherwise, this problem will be recurring and irritating.

If you click on the little button with the down arrow, it will let you specify the mounting height when you install a cabinet.

The mounting height is controlled in Settings and Preferences as noted by others. There is a base and upper cabinet mounting heights. The upper is mounted from the top of the cabinet, not the bottom.

Dennis